Child Welfare: Centrally Sponsored Schemes - Integrated Child Protection Scheme
1. Integrated Child Protection Scheme (I.C.P.S)
Creating a safety net for children in India
Meghalaya State Child Protection Society has been registered under Meghalaya Societies Registration Act 12 of 1983 on 16th November, 2011. State Project Support Unit was set up with Programme Manager, Officers and staff and State Child Protection Society has been set up with Programme Manager and supporting Officers and staff in the month of April. District Child Protection Units have been set up in all the districts of Meghalaya with DCPOs, Officers and staff. Private building has been rented for Office Accommodation of SPSU, SCPS and SARA at Lower Lachumiere, Shillong.
2. About I.C.P.S
ICPS or the Integrated Child Protection Scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, implemented in partnership with the state Governments and Civil Society Organizations (CSO). ICPS aims to establish a system that will efficiently and effectively protect children, based on the cardinal principles of "Protection of Child Rights" and the "Best interest of the Child”.
3. I.C.P.S : Team of Professionals
- Programme Managers
- Project Officers
- Programme Officers
- District Child Protection Officers
- Legal cum Probation Officers
- Protection Officers(Institutional and non-institutional)
- Administrative Officer
- Social Workers
- Outreach Workers
- Accounts Officers
- Data Entry Operator
- To institutionalize essential services and strengthen structures;
- To enhance capacities at all levels;
- To create a database and knowledge base for child protection services;
- To strengthen child protection at family and community level;
- To ensure appropriate inter-sectoral response at all levels;
- To raise public awareness.